StoneChurchCemetery Signsmall.jpg SToneChCem-2.jpg
First road to left immediately past McDonalds in Elmgrove.

From West Virginia: A Guide to the Mountain State, 1941 (WPA) (from Cumberland Road Project:
//The Old Stone Presbyterian Church Cemetery on Stone Church Rd., which leads off US 40. (L) one block W. of Forbes Ave., on the slope of a steep hillside overlooking Elm Grove, was the earliest burying ground in Wheeling, and many prominent names are on the weather-beaten markers. A tablet marks the Site of the Old Stone Presbyterian Church, built in 1807 under a large oak tree that is still standing. The congregation of this Presbyterian church, organized in 1787, held its first meetings under this same tree; later the oak sheltered the first crude, tent-like structure with raised platform, erected in 1790. The old church was torn down in 1913 and replaced the following year by a larger stone structure of Gothic architecture, built at the foot of the hill./

Shepherd-Boggs, Cruger Monument
Shepherd-Boggs monument.jpg Shepherd-BoggsMarker.jpg